Opening for Consultants!
January 3, 2023
NLSIU invites applications for two roles in its project on ‘Enabling Access to Justice for Children in the Juvenile Justice System’. This is a contractual assignment (03 months), based out of Bangalore.
The position is under the Centre for Child and the Law (CCL), National Law School of India University, Bangalore with support from the Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiatives (APPI).
About the Project
The project aims to strengthen the system of provision of legal aid to children in conflict with law being produced before the Juvenile Justice Boards (JJB). In this direction, the project will support children who need legal representation. This will involve working closely with the Legal Services Authority (LSA) lawyers and other expert lawyers, identified by CCL.
The project will facilitate psycho-social services for children for them to navigate the system better. Developing the capacity of key stakeholders in the system will be an ongoing focus of this project.
The project entails managing the legal representation at the JJB, coordinating with private and LSA lawyers, case management, providing legal aid and assistance to children presented before the JJB and performing other tasks as specified/required to efficiently meet the project deadlines.
Role – Consultant
- Mapping important stages of the inquiry process using the research tool
- Capturing the reasons for delays in the inquiry process
- Assist the team in other activities of CCL
This is a full-time role, based out of the Government Boys’ Observation Home (Madivala) in Bangalore. The role will report to the Project Director.
Who should apply
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Law/Social Sciences/allied fields
- Demonstrated proficiency in speaking, reading and writing Kannada and English fluently
- Experience as an interpreter in Kannada and English
- Working knowledge of the Indian Criminal Justice System
- At least two (2) years of work experience in the Indian Criminal Justice System
- In addition, the candidate must have:
– Ability to work in a team, contributing to both team and individual goals
– Demonstrated proficiency in the use of G-Suite and MS Excel
– Good communication, organising and time management skills
How to apply
Using Google Form on NLSIU site, with:
- Updated CV
- A short statement of purpose (not more than 500 words)
Click here to fill out the form.
The last date for submission of applications has been extended to 16th January 2023 (5 PM).