Diya is a lawyer who is currently working as a Research Associate with the Centre for Child and the Law, NLSIU. She has been involved with the Centre for Child and the Law, since 2019, as a Legal Consultant. Her core area of interest is Right to Food and Nutrition for all, especially children and women. She is also an ardent advocate of Right to Food. She is in-charge of legal research and socio-political analysis on different issues under the Right to Food Project of the Centre for Child and the Law.
Diya completed her undergraduate studies in law from National Law University, Odisha with a degree in B.A.L.L.B (Honours). She subsequently completed her Masters in Law (L.L.M) from Jindal Global Law School with a specialization in Dispute Resolution and Arbitration. She is passionate about making a difference in the society and is dedicatedly working day in and day out towards that end.
- Diya and Jyotsna Sripada, “Examining the Role of State Food Commissions in the Context of COVID-19: Insights from States in India” (Centre for Child and the Law, 2021).
- Diya, ‘Section 377: A Politico Legal Approach’ a research paper presented in a National Conference at RGNUL Patiala (ISBN: 978-93-84166-06-9).
- Edited version of WTO AB Report on “Canada: Term of Patent Protection” at http://www.nluo.ac.in/page.php?page=edited-version-of-the-wto-appellate-body-decisions
- Edited version of WTO AB Report on “Korea-Definitve Safeguard Measures on Import of Certain Dairy Products” at http://www.nluo.ac.in/page.php?page=edited-version-of-the-wto-appellate-body-decisions
- Participant, Rio+22 UN Sustainable Energy for All India Program.